With the growing concept of the internet and smart phones, many services can be made available at our doorsteps. This wave has influenced all the activities that we take part in everyday life. Now a day’s most of our day-to-day work like making payments, paying the bills, booking travel tickets, hotel booking and event ordering food are done with the help of mobile phones through mobile apps. Things have become a lot more convenient and faster than before. That is why every entrepreneur, old and new, is thinking “How to make an apps like Uber?”
The most used service through mobile apps is taxi service. The era of waiting for a taxi or waving in the middle of the road to book one has vanished. You will hardly find anyone using the traditional method for booking a taxi ride. What works now is an on-demand taxi-booking app on your Smartphone.
On-demand taxi apps are very much a favourite for users for the simple reason that they provide ease and comfort they provide for operation as well as the low price in comparison to other taxi services. The process that makes the app rise up to the expectations of the people using it is as follows:
- The user makes a request for the taxi
- The nearest taxi will accept or decline the request received
- The excepted rider will receive a notification once the request is accepted
- The excepted rider can accept or reject the ride
- Once the ride is accepted, the user will immediately be able to see the taxi moving towards them on the screen of their Smartphone
- Taxi arrives at the pickup point and drops you to the destination point
- Once the drop off is done the payment is made received via online transfer
This Write up will provide you with a brief idea of how to make an apps like Uber. Let us get the clear understanding
In order to understand Uber app, one should first understand the types of taxi booking apps available in the market.
There are three main taxi booking app types:
- The most reliable one is the custom-made app, as they are made based on the specific requirements of the client. It is equipped with the features that are specific to the client.
- Ready to use apps – these apps come as a package with ready to use features. These apps work best for people who want to start the business of taxi service with the standard features.
- These types of apps are known as White labelled solutions, where in a client gets the right to sell the apps to others and the rest is done by the company owning the app.
Once you decide the type of app you want to buy then do not forget to check and test, as to what is inside your app.
The most required and essential options that an app should have are as below:
The process of registration needs to be simple and quick. Registration should support Mobile, email and social media logins. Once the registration is done, the user should be notified by an SMS, email or through social media message. In the case of drivers, necessary documentation and verification should be a pre requisite.
You need to check that the current location is automatically detected; once you select the destination, the nearby taxis in the vicinity should be visible.
Once the destination is fixed, the app will provide you with the tentative cost of the trip and you should be asked to confirm the booking. Once the booking is confirmed you should get all the details pertaining to the ride i.e. Car number, model and driver’s name and the contact information.
The mode of payment is online transfer through debit/credit cards. The process of payment should be completely free of hassle; neither the passenger nor the driver has to worry about the payment. Once the trip is over the money should be deducted from the respective debit/credit that has been authorized at the time of registration.
The most important part of the app that is meant to manage the entire system should work flawlessly. All the back dated data should be available at all times. Check twice that the results obtained are correct and contains no error. The major work done by the panel includes managing of dispatchers, cab drivers and passengers, managing transactions, review statistics, generating reports and back-end setting.
Many individuals and companies have designed their own apps with efficient and effective functionality, which makes the user go through a smooth and hassle free process of booking a ride. If you are inclined towards this business and thinking of having an apps like Uber then look at all the options available in the market and decide the type of app, you want and think how to make an apps like uber that will fulfil all your requirements.