With the growing concept of the internet and smartphones, many services can be made available at our doorsteps. This wave has influenced all the activities that we take part in everyday life. Now a day’s most of our day-to-day work like making payments, paying the bills, booking travel tickets, hotel booking and event ordering food are done with the help of mobile phones through mobile apps. Things have become a lot more convenient and faster than before. That is why every entrepreneur, old and new, is thinking “How to make apps like Uber?”
The most used service through mobile apps is taxi service. The era of waiting for a taxi or waving in the middle of the road to book one has vanished. You will hardly find anyone using the traditional method for booking a taxi ride. What works now is an on-demand taxi-booking app on your Smartphone.
On-demand taxi apps are very much a favorite for users for the simple reason that they provide ease and comfort they provide for operation as well as the low price in comparison to other taxi services.
The process that makes the app rise up to the expectations of the people using it is as follows:
- The user makes a request for the taxi
- The nearest taxi will accept or decline the request received
- The excepted rider will receive a notification once the request is accepted
- The excepted rider can accept or reject the ride
- Once the ride is accepted, the user will immediately be able to see the taxi moving towards them on the screen of their Smartphone
- Taxi arrives at the pickup point and drops you to the destination point
- Once the drop off is done the payment is made received via online transfer
In order to understand Uber app, one should first understand the types of taxi booking apps available in the market.
There are three main taxi booking apps like uber types:
- The most reliable one is the custom-made app, as they are made based on the specific requirements of the client. It is equipped with the features that are specific to the client.
- Ready to use apps – these apps come as a package with ready to use features. These apps work best for people who want to start the business of taxi service with the standard features.
- These types of apps are known as White labeled solutions, wherein a client gets the right to sell the apps to others and the rest is done by the company owning the app.
One has to understand that even though customized apps that are built from the ground up are the best way to begin a business, it is quite costly. Developing a new mobile application for an On Demand Taxi service can cost you millions of dollars and take around 2 to 3 years. If you are willing to put in that kind of money and are okay with waiting too, then it may be the right choice.
Otherwise, you must go for a readymade off the shelf white labeled solution. This means you can launch your business within 3 to 4 working days of purchasing the app. The best thing is you get to launch the app under your own brand name and logo.