If you have been following the media, you will read lot of bad press about the safety of passengers.
Uber is the taxi brand that everyone recognizes globally and lapse in security cabs makes headlines news every other day. When Uber became successful, there was a lot of interest generated by entrepreneurs in a bid to develop uber like taxi app clones and start taxi businesses.
Existing cab companies also looked to develop apps like Uber in bid to modernize taxi business and move with time. With Uber, they all had stiff competition and they had go head on against this giant to remain above water.
If you are one of these entrepreneurs and/or taxi business owner, you can make your app secure for all your users thus ensuring that you receive no bad press due to a lapse in security. Listed below are some of the checks that you need to conduct before hiring drivers.
- Enhanced criminal/background checks
The reputation of your company lies in the hands of your drivers and it is therefore important that you screen and vet each driver thoroughly, examining his identity documents properly and conducting professional third party checks on their background before giving them the license to drive for you. References from previous employers help too.
- Zero Tolerance on drugs/alcohol
Make it clear to all your drivers that drugs and alcohol use will not be tolerate whilst on duty. Random spot checks conducted on your drivers at regular intervals will ensure your drivers are always “clean” whilst on duty.
- Dual way rating system
Drivers and as well as customers have the facility to rate and review their experience with each other. Drivers getting any sort of negative feedback should be closely monitored and if required should not be allowed to drive if their behaviour is consistently being brought to the limelight.
- MOT tested vehicle
Ensure that the vehicle that used by your driver is road worthy and has all the correct paperwork. Always request for a regular MOT report on your vehicles to ensure that the vehicles are safe to carry riders.
Features that ensure the safety of your customers
Passengers need to be kept secure not only from drivers but the overall driving experience.
- Panic/Emergency button
This facility will allow a passenger to get emergency help whenever he needs it. This panic button link directly to the police station and three of the passenger’s contacts who will get aid through to him immediately.
- Real time tracking system
This feature will enable you to monitor the exact location of your drivers and passengers all times in real time. A vehicle disappearing off the rider without prior notice should be a cause of concern for you and immediate steps need to be taken to ensure that the vehicle and its occupants are safe and well.
- A security feature that allows every rider to notify three family members whenever they get into the taxi can provided. This way passenger safety is ensured because once the ride is over, the passenger will notify the same on the app and the family know that he/she has reached the destination safely.
- Women for women – It also might be an idea to hire female drivers for your female and/or junior customers. Many females do not like using a can because the fact that they getting into cab with a male driver. This way females who want to party late into the night can do so happily secure in the knowledge that they will have a secure and risk-free ride home.
Parents too feel secure in the knowledge that a female driver is doing the school run for their children.
Get into the taxi business and makes your uber like taxi app the safest in the business. You only need a meager investment and you will be ready to go in just two days. What are you waiting for?